Sundarban is one of the most natural and beautiful national parks of India. It is located in the south-eastern part of 24 Paragana Region in the State West Bengal, India. Sundarban is the hottest destination to spend some quality time in the lap of nature with loved ones. Sundarban has declared as the World Heritage Site by the UNESCO. The beauty of this place cannot be matched. The Sundarban simple means “Beautiful Forest”. It is beautiful because of the world’s largest delta and mangrove trees forest. If you also want to spend some quality and peaceful time then this gorgeous place is an ideal pick. You can take Sundarban package tour for complete and easy traveling.
Must visit attractions near Sundarban
Sundarban is a land of God’s blessings. It is blessed with lots of beautiful and natural masterpieces. Few places near Sundarban are must visit places. You cannot ignore these places when you take a Sundarban package tour. These places are:
- Henry Island: This tiny island is located 130 kilometers away from the capital city Kolkata. This is among the places where very fewer people visited due to zero information. The place is such an outstanding and perfect place to fill the photography books. Shiny and white sand with green and blue water makes this place more peaceful and perfect destination to spend high-quality time. Don’t forget to include this place in your Sundarban Travel diary.
- Jambu Dwip or Jambu Island: This small and beautiful island is located 130 kilometers away from the Kolkata, the capital city. Jambu Island is located in the peninsular district of West Bengal, India. This small sized island is a perfect destination to create memories and spend leisure time with family and friends. You can easily spot seabirds and migratory birds here. Red crabs are the main identity of this beautiful island.
- Ashram of Kapil Muni: This sacred place is located on the Sagar Dwip or Gangasagar, Bay of Bengal. This place is easily and conveniently reachable from Kolkata city through Namkhana. It is a holy place of Hindu pilgrimage. Every year on Makar Sankranti festival, countless Hindu pilgrims gather here for players. Pilgrims take a holy dip in the water which is considered as to wash their sins.
- Kanak: The Kanak Island is home to Olive Ridley Turtles. This is one of the tiniest breeds of turtles in the entire world. Kanak Island is blessed with lots of natural and wild-life. It is a place where you can capture the numbers of tigers very easily. Visitors also spot huge wild-life such as fishing cats, Indian fox, cats, civets, mongoose, deer, flying fox, dolphins, monkeys and lots more. If you love nature, you must visit here once before you die.
- Sajnekhali Bird Sanctuary: It is one of the most well-known bird sanctuaries in the country. This bird sanctuary has a huge variety of birds. The place also has the longest watch tower. You can smoothly view the beauty of mangrove forest from the tower. You can spot some of the rare species here as well.
Sundarban is a must visit place in our country. Winters are the most suitable season to visit this place. Flawless beauty and scenic views will mesmerize you surely. Take a tour of this place and add some golden memories into your Sundarban Travel diary.