West Bengal boasts of its rich cultural heritage, which involves arts, music, countryside, city, seashores, mountains and the nature. The diverse Bengal offers you an array of multiple activities including research, travelling, adventure, beauty, peace, flora-fauna and almost every sort of intellectual pursuit.
Let us discover the top six destinations in West Bengal with Sundarban Package Tours:
1. Kolkata: Being the capital of India pre-independence, Kolkata used to be known as Calcutta before changing its name. The city has the most extensive transportation modules as compared to the other cities of India. These include the metro, trams, buses, Tonga, train, hard-pulling rickshaws and much more. Kolkata is also known for its jubilant people and charming spirit. To discover the mesmerizing secrets of West Bengal you can avail our Sundarban Package Tour.
2. Sundarbans National Park: Sundarbans National Park holds the reputation of being one of the most visited national parks in India. It features an amazing mangrove forest, only of its kind across the world. The Sundarbans National Park is stretching in over 102 islands, out of which 54 are settled. Sundarbans is accessible though boats, and this makes it more appealing to visit and experience. So let’s touch the nature’s beauty by availing Sundarban Tours.
3. Darjeeling: Renowned for its tea gardens, Darjeeling reserves its place among the top ten hill stations. The awesome view of the adjacent Mount Kanchenjunga range, third highest peak in the world, offers an exceptional experience of life. Darjeeling is abundant with plenty of attractive locations, including botanical gardens, monasteries, the Darjeeling-Rangeet Valley Passenger Ropeway cable car, Asia’s longest cable car, a zoo and mesmerizing tea gardens. The nearby Tiger Hill offers one of the most stunning sunrise views. Moreover, the Darjeeling toy train wins over the hearts.
4. Kalimpong: If you want to enjoy the tranquility and loneliness away from the hustles and bustles of city life, then Kalimpong is the place you must visit. Located at a distance of around 2 to 3 hours from Darjeeling, the town has found its abode near Teesta river. The town was ruled by Sikkimese until the early eighteenth century, when it was taken over by Bhutanese King. The main attractions of the place include monasteries, trekking, adventure activities, hills, villages and nature walks. You can experience a comfortable and elaborate journey to West Bengal with Sundarban Package Tour.
5. Bishnupur: A 4-hour ride towards west from Kolkata, Bishunupur is a famous tourist attraction in West Bengal. Famous for its extraordinary terracotta temples, terracotta pottery besides traditional silk sarees, the place is also known for its devotional movements after Islamic dominance. The famous terracotta temples were built during 17th and 18th centuries by Malla dynasty rulers. The temples feature a blend of many styles, including Bengali-style curved roof, Oriya-style duel and Mughal-style domes and arches. The carvings formed over temple’s terracotta tiles portray Lord Krishna’s life incidents besides legends from Ramayana and Mahabharata.
6. Shantiniketan: Known for its spellbinding charm, Shantiniketan is located on a 4-hour ride towards the northwest of Kolkata. Noble Laureate Rabindranath Tagore founded Shantiniketan as a school in 1901, which later became Visva Bharati University themed over human-nature relationship. Tagore used to live in Uttarayan complex, which is now a museum and art gallery. A visit to Upasana Griha featuring a beautiful colored glass architecture inside prayer hall is enough to make anybody standstill. There are many more surprises for you in the abode of Shantiniketan including Kala Bhavan, live Bengali folk music, Holi as Basanta Utsav, a three-day Poush Mela during late December, the Bondangar Haat – a village market and wandering Baul singers.
There are many more fascinating places besides these. If you are really fond of revealing the treasures of West Bengal, you can contact us for our Sundarban Package Tours.